The year 2023 was eventful in American politics, featuring significant events such as the historic ousting of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, the release of Capitol riot footage, and the discovery of cocaine at the White House.
Hunter Biden faced criminal tax charges while former Rep. George Santos became the first Republican to be expelled from the House of Representatives.
Additionally, former President Trump is facing criminal charges in Georgia and New York related to his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.
• McCarthy’s ouster and the House speaker fight
• January 6 footage release
• Representative Mike Johnson is sworn in as Speaker of the House
• The White House’s July Cocaine Scandal
• Hunter Biden’s tax charges
• Mr. George Santos is expelled from Congress by two-thirds majority vote
• Trump’s criminal charges in four criminal indictments