A fire in southern Denmark that destroyed a car and damaged a nearby house was likely caused by a toaster placed under an electric vehicle to warm up its battery.
Police strongly discourage this method, for obvious reasons.
Man Burns His EV To The Ground Trying To Warm The Battery With A Toaster https://t.co/5anfm50AMl
— Jack Michaels (@JackMic11633310) December 5, 2023
“The cause of the fire is most likely to be found in the toaster that the owner of the car had placed under the front of his car to keep the battery warm,” police wrote.
The incident occurred in Stenlille, with no injuries reported.
The car was parked in a carport, and the owner may face a fine.
In a year or two you're going to see a warning on the manual not to warm EV power cells with a toaster, and you'll think to yourself, "What kind of moron would try to do that?"
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) December 4, 2023