House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) is granting clemency and amnesty to the 25 House Republicans who went against the House GOP conference’s formal will by blocking a Speakership bid from Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH).
Johnson declined to comment on the specific consequences for the intransigent Republicans when asked by Breitbart News.
The questions raised include concerns about supporting certain members for committee chairmanships and whether the Speaker supports their removal from influential committees due to their actions in October. (Trending: Greta Thunberg Caught on Video Going Full Anti-Semite)
Rep. Jim Jordan on Mike Johnson: “I’m proud to have him as our Speaker of the House, he’s a man of solid character.”
Do you stand with Speaker Johnson? 🙋🏻♂️pic.twitter.com/4QHhVDt8uK
— Proud Elephant 🇺🇸🦅 (@ProudElephantUS) October 27, 2023
• 1. Can you guarantee Americans that you will never support Rep. Vern Buchanan, in your time as Speaker, becoming chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee?
• 2. Why is Rep. Kay Granger still the chairwoman of the House Appropriations Committee? She is a lame duck who has announced she is not running for reelection after her intransigence against House Republicans. You’ve been Speaker for more than a month now, so why have you not yet acted in rectifying this wrong committed against the country by keeping her in this position?
• 3. An astounding total of 7 of the intransigent Republicans — Granger, and Reps. Mario Díaz-Balart, Mike Simpson, Steve Womack, John Rutherford, Jake Ellzey, and Tony Gonzales; serve on the House Appropriations Committee. That means these intransigent individuals have significant influence over the direction of the spending of Americans’ tax dollars, a truly horrifying thought after what they put the country through in October. Do you as Speaker support their removal from the Appropriations Committee?
• 4. Several others — Reps. Jen Kiggans, Nick LaLota, Carlos Gimenez, and Don Bacon; serve on the House Armed Services Committee. Given the damage these intransigents did to the country, do you support for the sake of strengthening the United State military replacing these individuals off of the Armed Services Committee with Republicans who are not corrupted by the horrifying actions these people took in October?
• 5. What other consequences, if any, will befall the 25 intransigents who inflicted serious and massive pain upon the country with their actions?